The WCH Foundation recently launched a $1 million campaign to support the Cancer Care Center at WCH. WCH employees, physicians, Board of Trustee members and community leaders have supported the campaign as the Foundation goes to the community to complete the drive.
“We are overwhelmed by the generosity and community leadership displayed by Bob and Pat Maurer” noted Stanley R. Korducki, President, Wood County Hospital. “As we turn to area residents to secure ongoing financial resources needed to sustain and upgrade the latest technology required to provide the best treatment for our patients, the inspirational contribution by the Maurers provides us with an unprecedented Cancer Care Center that will continue to meet the needs of our community,” Korducki added.
Robert and Pat Maurer said, “The Maurer Family is honored to contribute to the innovative and life changing partnership between Dr. Robert Lavey and the Wood County Hospital’s fight against cancer.”
The multi-million dollar Center opened in April of this year in a facility adjacent to the hospital. Many area residents have already received care and treatments there. The only cancer care facility for the treatment of cancer in Wood County, the convenient location of this state-of-the-art Center saves the energy and resources of its patients in the fight of their lives.
“The Maurer’s generous gift will benefit every family in Wood and Henry County, as it permits us to expand our services and introduce new treatment programs to Northwest Ohio.” Dr. Lavey said. “Our Center already has the most technologically advanced radiation treatment machine and the largest bore radiation CT Scanner for treatment planning in Northwest Ohio. The Maurer family donation will be put to work immediately to provide an amazing level of care to our patients.”
The Maurer Family Cancer Center provides:
- Experienced, knowledgeable physicians and healthcare professionals
- The most up-to-date imaging and radiotherapy equipment for effective treatments with the fewest possible side effects
- Outpatient chemotherapy treatments and supportive care
- Complementary programs from certified specialists empowering cancer patients, including nutritional counseling, exercise programs, massage therapy, physical therapy, social work, lymphedema therapy, occupational therapy, pain management and wound healing.
- More information regarding giving a donation to the Maurer Family Cancer Care Center is available by calling Cristy Gray, Vice President for Development at the WCH Foundation 419.373.7627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can learn more about the Maurer Family Cancer Care Center online at www.woodcountyhospital.org/cancercare.
RETURN TO NEWS