As a parent, your child’s health is your utmost priority, and being aware of when to seek urgent care or head to the emergency room can be critical for their well-being. Emergency rooms are equipped to provide fast, lifesaving care, while urgent care centers are ideal for non-emergency medical situations.
The following is a list of situations and where to bring your child based on that situation.
- Animal bites, minor bone fractures, minor burns and cuts that require stitches
- Coughs, sore throats, high fevers and flu
- Earaches, sinus pain, eye problems, minor headaches and minor breathing problems
- Rashes and skin problems
- Minor sports injuries
- Vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain
- Trouble breathing, including asthma that is not improving with home treatments
- Any change in behavior following a loss of consciousness, especially after a head injury
- Bleeding you can’t stop
- Blue or purple skin or lips
- Mild to severe burns or smoke inhalation
- Facial or dental injuries
- Any impact injuries, such as from a car or bicycle accident or falls from heights
You can depend on us for quick and effective care worthy of your children wherever you need to see us.
RETURN TO NEWS